Friday, July 16, 2010

Back to what I do...or what I can remember I did! History on BBH and BBH 2008

It's time to write about the funnest Rockabilly event happening in Northern California, "Booze Broads and Hotrods!" BBH is an annual show put on by the Bombshells social club, to which I am a member. It's an all dayer, and a lot of work but well worth it.

The Bombshells started calling their party "Booze Broads and Hotrods" or at least having it on their flyer back in 2005, I think, before I was a Bombshell. This show has evolved from a small BBQ at a park, to an all day show with car show,  dozens of vendors, and the best rockin' music you will get the chance to see live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

After a couple years of doing the show at the Parkside, we moved it to De Marco's 23 Club for more space. That was in 2007 and we had booked Kim Lenz who reunited the Jaguars for the gig. What a treat to have Kim playing with Nick Curran for the first time in 7 years in San Francisco. It really sucks, all of us girls were working so hard, we don't have any picture from BBH 9, or I couldn't find any online...maybe I'll find some or someone will send me some and I will put them up.

De Marco's 23 Club was a good location, but we thought we would give Thee Parkside another chance in 2008 with our 10 year anniversary "Best of the Bay" show. Our 10th year anniversary show was such a huge success we were able to move our show over to a Hotel so we could have a proper car show, room for vendors, and enough room.

Here are a few photos from BBH 10 at Thee Parkside:


Jeremy and Lindsey vending

Christina from Senorita Hollywood and Skirt Chaser Vintage. She was a vendor, and since this BBH she only comes to attend and have fun.

My imaginary husband and former Bombshell Jenny.
Gary and Shelby of the band,  The Chop Tops who headlined our show.


Another Vendor...

The show was so packed inside, I was not able to take photos. In fact, I saw very little of the show because there were so many people inside, I didn't want to take up space for the people who paid to come to our show.

I will post about BBH 11 soon...That is the first year at the Clarion Hotel and our first year with a band from overseas, and one of my favorite bands, Jack Rabbit Slim.

3 comments:

Straight Talking Mama! said...

oh my that looks like such fun! I'd love to attend, one day when I finally start to make some money and can travel again...!

Kim said...

Wait until I post pics from 2009 and 2010!

Anonymous said...

Very fun the "imaginary husband" concept : )

 

Made by Lena