Monday, January 31, 2011

Grand National Roadster Show....adventures with Cockgrease

I had been a bit wishy-washy about going down to Pomona to work for my friend Rea helping her sell her pomade Cockgrease. She called me Thursday, begged for my help since this show is one of the biggest car shows in California, so I reluctantly said "yes." I am glad I did...it was a great show and it was awesome getting to spend some quality time with Rea. Rea is an amazing person and I am so grateful to have her as a friend.

Rea and her husband's "Grease Rocket" entered in the show to promote the pomade



Pictures of the Booth



 

Friday, while I was outside smoking, I was approached by a guy who said, "we follow each other's blogs!" It was Rick, from Boston who has a nice little blog 59kustom. Now that I am into this "Blogosphere," I am always delighted to meet someone who's blog I follow or who follows mine. There is an instant comradery.

Rick and I

We were set up in the Suede Palace. There were some of my favorite vendors like My Babyjo, and I bought one of the 40's house dresses. They didn't have a size large in any of the prints, I couldn't believe it when I tried on a Medium and though it was on the tight side, it still looked cute! Liberty was also there, and someday I swear I will buy one of their awesome repro vintage motorcycle sweaters! Great customs were in this room, and my buddy Max was working across the way for Gambino's Customs.





The Proprietors of Liberty Motor Wear
 
Max working at Gambino Kustoms where "Chopping up a car is not a crime"

Amazing Cars!












Little Mo and the Dynoflos played!



I met Gene Whitfield!
I went to a show to see the Hexxers play...I was a bit shocked at Rockin' Ryan's and Rory Justice's appearance, but they still rocked out the good old Garage
Had the pleasure of chatting with a member of the Cavaliers Car Club from Long Beach


Overall, it was a great weekend! I saw a lot of friends and met some new ones. If you are into customs and hotrods, this is a show you don't want to miss next year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love panhead and Minor Treat :)

It's sounds to be a such great time, Californian always do better things than the other ;)

Tasha said...

Looks like fun! The photos of you and Gene Whitfield is particularly darling. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I was thinking of going to this, but I am so over the car show scene at the moment. Eh. Maybe next year!

Rachelle said...

Whhhaaaa!!!!?????? You met Gene? I am so jealous.

Nici said...

Great pictures! Love the Tiki mugs.

Bitty Boss said...

Hey Kim!

Just stumbled upon this blog a few minutes ago...Love it! Glad to see other hot dames representing in Nor Cal ( I am in Berkeley):-)

Cheers!

Bitty Boss

Laura said...

Love the pics!...pretty sweet cars...Thanxs for sharing : )

 

Made by Lena