Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jumping on the Viva Las Vegas bandwagon at Blogger

New Year's Eve has come and gone, and it's that time of year again to start planning for Viva Las Vegas!

If you haven't booked your room at the Orleans, you are S.O.L., but don't worry, there are plenty of rooms all around the Orleans. Just go tot he Viva website (link above) and check their hotel page. Also, a good tip is to call the Orleans everyday. They get lots of cancellations of people who reserved rooms but had to cancel their trip.

My first Viva was in 2003. My kids were 5 and 2 and we brought them along. Since my dad lives there he was able to watch them. In 2005 we brought them again, along with my oldest who was 17 at the time, but they were not as easy as when they were little. 2007 was the last year we brought them and we will never do it again! Not until they graduate college, or at least can appreciate the event. Viva really isn't for kids, but since there is so much going on, you can still do it as a family.

I will write a series of blogs with tips and recommendations for Viva, regarding packing, what to bring, how not to miss what you want to see, etc...although I am a totally disorganized traveler. I will try to make prepping for the event, and the event itself easy for you.

Here's a pic from Viva 2010
 With the League of international Party Girls in 2009
With Jessica and Cathy 2008
At the car show with Tammy and Syndi 2007
 Mason in 2005
 

4 comments:

Gabriella said...

Cant wait! Cant wait! Cant WAIT!!

Nicole said...

I am so bummed to miss it this year! I keep telling myself that it's not going anywhere but that weekend will be pure agony knowing everyone is having fun in Vegas and I will be stuck in boring Colorado!

Kim said...

Find a way to go, Nicole! You and your hubby won't regret it :-)

Sarsaparilla said...

Oh my gosh, that pink dress is so gorgeous!

Viva Las Vegas sounds like so much fun. Wish I had a friend I could nab to go along with me - I'd seriously consider it...

 

Made by Lena