Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My first post-Viva blog...Wednesday

I kind of wanted to knock out the whole weekend in one blog, but alas, horrible social blogger that I am, did not get pictures of myself on Friday and Saturday night! I got photos of bands, but I have to wait until someone who caught hold of me running from room to room actually tags me in a photo.

Dorian, Jess and I set out about 6 AM Wednesday morning, with the grandiose plan of attending Ronny Weiser's party in Vegas that afternoon. After pulling away from the gas station with the gas pump still in my gas tank, and breaking the hose, we were well on our way to the promised land. Our grandiose plan fell through, when by the time we got to Vegas, unpacked, etc...it was about an hour until I had to meet my dad for dinner. After a fattening, but delish dinner at Canal Street at the Orleans, we got decked out to go to the Wild Records Showcase.


Dorian and Jess had not eaten yet, so while they went to partake in sushi, I trolled the bar. I ran into a guy from Sweden that I met in LA a few years ago, Nick "Camtwister" of the A-Bomber's car club. He is one of the organizers of the A-Bomber's Old Style Weekender in Sweden. I invited him and his friend, Hans, to go to the Wild Party with us.
Nick and I at the Bar

The Show was down on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. After wandering around, we found the joint. I saw my good buddy, Patrick there!

I didn't get any photos during the show but it was a great show. Saw so many people I know there, and had a nice long chat with my old buddy Matt, who used to play with Arsen Roulette. He's now playing with Texas Steve and I am really excited about it. 

Here is a photo of the Swedes on Fremont Street next to a big neon sign:

We got back to hotel about 2:30 or 3 and went to bed since we had been up since 5 AM.

I'll write more soon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! No! Did you really break the gas hose?!?!

You look beautiful! Cant wait to see more photos. Glad you had fun!!

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

You look super awesome!!!

Wow...that sure was a gas station opps! Thank goodness nothing bad happened.

Can't wait to see more of the fun times.

~MaryD

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Love your skirt Kim! Sounds like a fun first night....can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :)

Kim said...

Yes...I really broke the gas pump hose...just after I was telling the attendant how we were headed for Vegas! She was nice and walked over and took it from me and said "Go on, get out of here."

 

Made by Lena