Sunday, August 29, 2010

Some stuff I got

I picked up this Holoku at the shop I work at...I got it for working yesterday

I feel like Jessica Rabbit in it!

1950s Angora Sweater
 

 Glen or Glenda? This Black 50s Angora sweater screams  "Ed Wood Fetish"


The other day Viv over at "Vivvi.Deluxxe" posted about the vintage Chrome and Formica 1950s dinette set she picked up. I was very envious because my formica table was gray cracked ice, and instead of chrome around the edge of the table, there was bright yellow formica. I had pink repro chairs so basically, I had a junkie mismatched set. Also, with yellow walls, the yellow clashed. 

One of the benefits of working at Time Zone is that people will come in offering to sell vintage. If my boss isn't interested, I can buy it if I want. Well, yesterday, for $60 bucks, I picked up this! It's the perfect size for our tiny kitchen. When we eat together we usually eat in the dining room, but this is perfect for the kids to have breakfast at. 


9 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

Very cool! I love your place .. so cozy! The dress is very Jessica, you're right! Zootsuitama

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Great outfits and love the dinette! I think I might have to start working at a vintage store - you pick up some great things!

Vivi.Deluxxxe said...

That red dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you!

And how cool is it that you got yourself a matching dinette set! Neat!

Lola Devlin said...

oooh rival Jessica Rabbit! Kim, that looks AMAZING on you. Looking good sweets!!! See you when I get back! xx

Unknown said...

Great score! I love that dress. I need one like that. I love your house....lets see more of it! I am currently decorating and remodeling my house, so I need some inspiration.

XOXO
Dollie

Atomic Mama said...

I want to work where you do!

Anonymous said...

Great table!! And you do indeed look like a brunette Jessica Rabbit in that red dress! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Exit Jessica ! You 're more hot !

Miss Tayva said...

Ughhhhhhhh, want that red dress! Can I borrow it?

 

Made by Lena